If you want to be successful as a small entrepreneur, you really must be in front of the curve. Don’t be late in arriving to something new!
If you have a niche that you participate in, watch it closely. If you see something new, consider carefully if you think that you should do it too, or do something similar. If one of your competitors starts something new, and you don’t adapt and jump on it, you may well get left in the dust. If you get left in the dust more than a couple of times, you may be permanently left behind.
Do you watch the news & current events?
If you don’t watch the news and current events, you should. How else can you keep up with what is going on in the world?
Why is it important to watch the news? What does it have to do with business or making money?
Well, believe it or not, I get a lot of great business ideas by keeping up with the news. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen a news story and quickly bought a domain name that is related to something currently in the news. The phrase catches on with the public, even if it is only for a short time, and owning the domain can make you a lot of money in a short time!
In addition to the news
Although the news is a good way to keep up with current trends, there are so many other ways to stay ahead of the curve. Here are a few that I recommend:
- Follow social media to see what people are talking about.
- Follow your competitors to see new things that they are doing. If a competitor does something really good, consider how you can put the strategy to work for yourself.
- Watch TV shows and Movies that feature pop culture type events.
- Watch TV shows like “Shark Tank” and other business oriented shows. You can come up with some excellent ideas through these types of programs.
- No matter where you go or what you do, always listen, watch and learn from what you see, and consider how these things can help improve your business success.
When you see something that you think might make you some money, act NOW. Don’t wait a few weeks to take action, or a few months. The new “hot thing” might have already faded in a few months, and you have lost the opportunity to capitalize on it!
In particular, if you see something on the news that might spark a new word or phrase, something that you can buy as a domain name, do it NOW, don’t wait until tomorrow. If you wait, you will almost certainly lose it!
The whole key to staying ahead of the curve is by acting quickly. If you don’t act quickly when opportunity arises… you will completely miss the curve.
You are ahead of the big boys
The “big boys” in business take a long time to make decisions, even simple ones. If you are ahead of the curve, you are acting quickly. If you do something quickly, your big competitor will have not even had time to hold their first (of many) meetings on the “hot new thing” – while you will already be doing business on the new thing! So, stay ahead of the curve, act quickly, and “get ‘er done.”